League of Legends is a multiplayer online battle-arena game launched in 2009 by Riot Games. Since then, it has been widely played by millions of players worldwide. This game features a team-based battle arena wherein two teams composed of 5 powerful champions (marksman, mage, fighter, assassin, and tank) battle each other to destroy the other’s base.
This article will talk about League of Legends’ famous champion, the Piltover Enforcer, ‘Vi’. Learn more about her below:
Vi is a hotheaded, impulsive and fearsome woman who was once a criminal from the streets of Zaun. She is portrayed as someone who has loose respect for authority figures. Vi developed top-notched survival skills and a wickedly sharp sense of humour. Currently working with the Wardens of Piltover to maintain peace, she uses powerful hextech gauntlets called the Atlas Gauntlets that can punch through any walls and enemies with great ease.
When playing as Vi
It is essential to know Vi’s skills, builds and what she has to offer when playing her in League of Legends. Figure out how to use them to gain the upper hand during the game and become the winning team.
Vi is a bruiser-type champion and gets natural magic resistance on every level. Below is a complete list of her status:
Note: The numbers in parentheses are the value each stat will gain when Vi moves to a new level.
- Health: 440 (+85)
- Health regeneration: 7.5 (+0.9)
- Attack damage: 55 (+3.5)
- Attack speed: 0.643 (+2.5%)
- Mana: 220 (+45)
- Mana regeneration: 6.4 (+0.55)
- Armour: 16 (+3.5)
- Magic resistance: 30 (+1.25)
- Range: 125
- Movement speed: 350
When it comes to Vi, she is all about dealing with damage. Her entire abilities scale with attack damage, and her durability can be heightened as you play through the game. Here is a rundown of her skills and tricks on how to better use them:
Blast Shield (Passive) – Vi’s activated abilities allow her to gain a Blast shield that lasts for 3 seconds with temporary Health that equals 10% of her maximum Health. At level one, the Blast Shield passive has an 18-second cooldown, and it drops to 13 seconds at Level 7. It reaches its minimum at Level 12 with an 8-second cooldown.
Tricks using Blast Shield:
- It is beneficial to briefly turn around and hit the chasing enemy with Vi’s shield when running low on life. You can achieve this without actively engaging the opponent by using Excessive Force’s large AoE impact.
Denting Blows – Vi has the innate ability to have a high attack speed rate that depletes the opponent’s max-health and armour whenever she damages them for every third attack, making Vi a tank killer.
Tricks to breaking tanks with Denting Blows:
- When facing a tank, focus on levelling this skill first.
- Combining this ability with attack speed-boosting items will significantly increase her damage deals.
- By cancelling with Excessive Force, you can trigger the effect more often.
Vault Breaker – Vi charges her gauntlets and releases a vault shattering punch that carries her forward. The opponents she hits are knocked back and receive a stack of hollowing blows.
Tricks to gank with the use of Vault Breaker:
- This ability can slow you while channelling. When chasing an enemy, do not hold it too long trying to get an angle just right, or you might fall too far behind.
- When ganking, always fully charge the Vault breaker to level up the initial damage and dash range.
- With the knockback of these abilities, you can interrupt other champions’ channelled abilities.
Relentless Force – this skill can knock down enemy heroes and force aside anyone on Vi’s way. With her ultimate, Vi can throw her opponent up in the air then hit them back on the ground.
Tricks to clear enemies with Relentless Force:
- This skill allows Vi to be an effective top-lane champion. Position yourself correctly when clearing waves with Relentless Force to damage multiple minions at once and damage the enemy nearby.
- Note that using this skill too often in the early game drains mana.
Assault and Battery – Vi’s ultimate skill can run down an enemy and knock aside those in the way. Once she reaches her target, Vi hits it in the air, jumps after it and slams the enemy back to the ground.
Tricks to win fights with Assault and Battery:
- Use this ability to charge over walls, but remember, Vault Breaker can be a better choice to initiate with.
- Vi’s ultimate can land her behind her target. Follow up with Vault Breaker to push enemies back towards your team and follow up with Excessive force to increase damage dealt.
All of Vi’s skills mentioned are unlocked and can be powered up once the player’s level increases. Take note that to maximise her skills, you must keep levelling up.
What makes Vi special
Vi effortlessly initiates and dives on an enemy target before beating them to dust makes her a fantastic champion to play. She can easily travel great distances to jump on her mark with her Vault Breaker. During team fights, Vi can also dive into the enemy backline and knock up their highest damage dealer using her ultimate skill, Assault and Battery.
Once Vi is on her target, she can inflict large amounts of damage with her Denting Blows. When she is in the lane or clearing large jungle camps, Vi’s Excessive Force ability lets her next AA inflict enormous AoE damage behind her enemy’s target, allowing her to clear many enemies at once.
To sum it up, Vi is a great jungler champion to use. She is an innate damage dealer who can initiate team fights and eliminate champions by herself.
Pros and cons of using Vi
No matter how amazing a champion is in League of Legends, they all have their pros and cons. Here are some of Vi’s:
- The ability to dive backline and lockdown on a target
- Great initiation in team fights
- With her Denting Blows, she can easily chew on enemy tanks
- Vi can clear jungle camps and waves with her Excessive Force
- She can escape over walls
- Vi has poor mobility when her Q is on cooldown
- She falls off when her opponent can kite well
- Her best built is brawler, which makes her player feel a bit squishy when initiating team fights